If you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner, you must prove that:
- And previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended
- You plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK
You will not be able to work during your engagement and can stay for 6 months.
How to prove your relationship
You will need to provide evidence that:
- comes from the government, a bank, landlord, utility provider, or a medical professional
- confirms your relationship with your partner – for example, that you live together, share expenses or are married or in a civil partnership
- is less than 4 years old
You can use things like:
- a marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
- a tenancy agreement, utility bills or council tax bills confirming that you live at the same address or pay bills together
- a bank statement from a joint bank account, or confirming that you live at the same address
- a letter from your doctor or dentist confirming that you live at the same address
For general informational purposes only, not intended or to be taken as legal advice. To make sure it is appropriate for you please seek advice and contact us.
Information courtesy of Gov.uk.