A Graduate visa gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing a course in the UK.
You must be in the UK when you apply.
You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:
- You are in the UK
- Your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
- You studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
- You have successfully completed that course
A Graduate visa lasts for 2 years. If you have a PHD or other doctoral qualification, it will last for 3 years.
If your partner and children joined you in the UK as ‘dependents’ on your current Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa, they can apply to stay as dependents as on your Graduate visa.
What you can and cannot do
With a Graduate visa you can:
- work in most jobs
- look for work
- be self-employed
- do voluntary work
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- apply for most benefits, or the State Pension
- work as a professional sportsperson
For general informational purposes only, not intended or to be taken as legal advice. To make sure it is appropriate for you please seek advice and contact us.
Information courtesy of Gov.uk.