You can apply for an Innovator visa if:
- You want to set up and run an innovative business in the UK – it must be something that’s different from anything else on the market
- Your business or business idea has been endorsed by an approved body also known as an endorsing body
- You meet the other eligibility requirements
You must be able to show that your business idea is:
- New —you cannot join a business that is already trading
- Innovative – you must have an original business idea which is different from anything else on the market
- Viable, with potential for growth
It’s also important to bear the following points in mind when making your application:
- You will usually need to prove your knowledge of English when you apply.
- Your visa may be cut short if your endorsement is withdrawn by the endorsing body.
- You can set up one business or several businesses.
- You can apply for indefinite leave to remain, if you have lived in the UK for 3 years and meet other eligibility requirements.
For general informational purposes only, not intended or to be taken as legal advice. To make sure it is appropriate for you please seek advice and contact us.
Information courtesy of Gov.uk.