A Skilled Worker visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer.
This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa.
To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:
- Work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
- Have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
- Do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
- Be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do
The specific eligibility will depend on your job.
It’s also important to bear these points in mind before making your application:
- You must have a confirmed job offer before you apply for your visa.
- You will usually need to prove your knowledge of English when you apply.
- You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.
- You can bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependents’, if they’re eligible.
For general informational purposes only, not intended or to be taken as legal advice. To make sure it is appropriate for you please seek advice and contact us.
Information courtesy of Gov.uk.