You can apply for a Start-up visa if:
- You want to set up an innovative business in the UK. – it must be something that’s different from anything else on the market
- You meet the other eligibility requirements
You must be endorsed by an authorised body that is either:
- A UK higher education institution
- A business organisation with a history of supporting UK entrepreneurs
You must be able to show that your business idea is:
- A new idea – you cannot join in a business that I already trading
- Innovative – you must have an original business idea which is different from anything else on the market
- Viable – it has potential for growth
In addition, you must also meet these eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply, unless you did this in a previous successful visa application
- Be able to prove you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you’re in the UK
You cannot apply to extend this visa.
You may be able to switch to an Innovator visa if you set up a business while on a Start-up Visa and:
- Your endorsing body assessed an agreed it
- It is active, trading and sustainable
- You have day to day involvement in it.
If they are eligible, you can bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependents’.
For general informational purposes only, not intended or to be taken as legal advice. To make sure it is appropriate for you please seek advice and contact us.
Information courtesy of Gov.uk.