You can apply for a UK Ancestry visa if all of the following are true:
- you’re a Commonwealth citizen
- you can prove one of your grandparents was born in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- you’re able and planning to work in the UK
- you meet the other eligibility requirements.
How long you can stay
You can stay in the UK for 5 years on this visa. If after this time you wish to remain in the UK you can either apply to extend your visa for a further 5 years, or apply for indefinite leave to remain.
What you can and cannot do on this visa
- bring your partner or child if eligible to do so
- change (‘switch’) into this visa if you came to the UK on a different visa
- get public funds
For general informational purposes only, not intended or to be taken as legal advice. To make sure it is appropriate for you please seek advice and contact us.
Information courtesy of Gov.uk.